PINEHURST, N. [url=http://www.swelltrinkflascheschweiz.com/]SWell Flasche Kaufen[/url] .C. -- Now that hes got that pesky major

in Neues 24.07.2019 08:55
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

PINEHURST, N. SWell Flasche Kaufen .C. -- Now that hes got that pesky major out of the way, Justin Rose is learning to savour the quest for his next big title. Hes not nearly as optimistic about Englands chances in the World Cup. Rose is the reigning champion heading into the U.S. Open at Pinehurst, a player who is certainly more at ease with his place in golf now that hes got one of those prestigious titles on his resume. "In the last few months, I sort of realized what I have achieved and its time to embrace it, enjoy it, and let that be the strength for me to go on and win more," Rose said Tuesday. Of course, theres another big sporting event beginning this week, one that will certainly have the attention of Rose and his fellow English players. Their soccer-mad nation has a huge opening match in the World Cup against Italy on Saturday, the soccer game scheduled to begin in Brazil about the time the third round of the Open is wrapping up in North Carolina. Reflecting the mood of his homeland, Rose is not very hopeful. Englands only World Cup title came in 1966 and expectations are low for this team, a youthful squad playing in one of the most difficult groups. "I would say theres probably more chance of one of us winning the major than England winning the World Cup," said Rose, among 11 English players in the Pinehurst field. "Sad to say." Roses primary focus will be on his bid to become the first repeat U.S. Open champion in a quarter-century. Last years triumph at Merion had been in the making for nearly that long, ever since Rose finished fourth as an 18-year-old amateur at the 1998 British Open. He spent the next 15 years trying to finish the job, chasing a major title that seemed increasingly elusive as the close calls began to pile up, the weight of expectations becoming almost too much to bear. Then, just when it seemed he might have a lifetime membership in the "Best Players Never To Win A Major" club, Rose won a duel with Phil Mickelson at the venerable club outside Philadelphia, clinching the title with a 4-iron into the demanding 18th hole that gave him the par he needed to hold off Lefty. "I havent been one of those guys who said, OK, well, Im going to win X amount of majors in my career," Rose said. "I really want to treat this major that Ive won now as a gift and let it give me the ability to sort of free-wheel for the rest of my career -- play free, play loose, just go after it. Ive really got no pressure on me from that perspective anymore." Not surprisingly, the U.S. Golf Association paired Rose and Mickelson in the first two rounds. Both hope theyll still be playing together in the final group on Sunday. "I enjoy playing golf with Phil," Rose said. "I enjoy the spirit in which he plays the games, how free he is out there. Hes got a great temperament for the game. Nothing seems to faze him. Thats something a lot of players can look up to him for." Curtis Strange, the last player to win consecutive Opens in 1988 and 89, is pulling for Rose to join the exclusive club. "If Justin would happen to do it this year, that would be the first phone call," Strange said. "That would be fantastic." Rose missed the cut in his last tournament, the Memorial, though he thinks that might turn out to be a good break because it gave him more time to get familiar with Pinehurst. Before that stumble, he had ripped off three straight top-10 finishes on the PGA Tour, including a tie for fourth against a loaded field at The Players Championship. His biggest challenge this week might be keeping his mind on golf. During the 2010 World Cup, Rose held a three-shot lead going to the final round of the Travelers Championship. That morning, he watched Englands title hopes fade away with a 4-1 loss to Germany. Then he went out and shot a 75, finishing three shots behind winner Bubba Watson. "I never really calmed down," Rose recalled. "So maybe Ill be a little bit more careful about my emotions watching the football." After all, hes probably Englands best hope for a championship. Swell Flasche 500 Ml . 11 Ana Ivanovic and American Sloane Stephens, and former world No. Swell Flasche Kaufen Schweiz . The senior threw for 319 yards and no interceptions in his final college game, leading No. http://www.swelltrinkflascheschweiz.com/ . Cornet won six straight games to rally from a 2-0 deficit and take the first set. The 25th-ranked Frenchwoman broke back twice in the second set before Bacsinszky saved a match point at 5-4.BERLIN - Ricardo Rodriguez scored two goals and set up another as Wolfsburg defeated 10-man Bayer Leverkusen 4-1 in the Bundesliga for its first win of the season on Sunday.The Swiss defender opened the scoring with a penalty in the eighth minute. Leverkusen right back Giulio Donati was sent off for conceding it by bringing down Junior Malanda, who was through on goal.Josip Drmic equalized with his first goal for Leverkusen in the 29th, when he held off Rodriguez and clipped the ball past Diego Benaglio after Karim Bellarabi headed on a long kick-out from Bernd Leno.Vieirinha restored the home sides lead by scoring on his 50th Bundesliga appearance with a header from Rodriguez cross before the interval.Rodriguez all but secured the result with a well-struck volley from Kevin de Bruynes corner in the 63rd, before substitute Aaron Hunt definitely settled it in the 81st.We wanted to show a reaction and we did that today, said Rodriguez, referring to Wolfsburgs 4-1 loss at Everton in the Europa League on Thursday. We fought for 90 minutes. We have to carry on like that.Leverkusen was left to rue Donatis sending off after missing the chance to go top with its first league loss of the season.I think its harsh to make such a decision thats going to influence the game so significantly after five minutes, Leverkusen coach Roger Schmidt said.Schmidts side has not won in three competitive games after he started his tenure with five straight victories.Cologne and Borussia Moenchengladbach played out a scoreeless draw in a bad-tempered Rhineland derby later. S Well Trinkflasche. .There was a bit of spark, which I found good, Moenchengladbach sporting director Max Eberl said. Everything was kept within its limits.The best early chance fell to Pawel Olkowski in the 17th but Gladbach goalkeeper Yann Sommer saved at the near post.Gladbach improved later in the half and dominated possession but couldnt find a way though the home sides well-organized defence.Max Kruse came agonizingly close to breaking the deadlock after the interval only to see his header flash wide of the far post.Im satisfied. Its OK to take a point sometimes against an opponent like Gladbach, said Cologne coach Peter Stoeger after his sides third scoreless draw from four games. The other match was a victory, meaning Cologne remains undefeated on its return to the Bundesliga after two seasons in the second division.Weve six points from four games, thats in order, Stoeger said.There was trouble before the game with clashes between rival fans, news agency dpa reported. A police spokesman said one officer received slight injuries and around 50 to 60 supporters were arrested.Paderborn leads the table on goal difference. The promoted side, which is playing its first Bundesliga season, defeated Hannover 2-0 on Saturday with Moritz Stoppelkamp scoring a record 83-meter (yard) goal.Defending champion Bayern Munich was held to a 0-0 draw at Hamburger SV, while injury-hit Borussia Dortmund slumped to a 2-0 defeat at Mainz, also Saturday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.