The Washington Capitals have a chance for their longest home win streak in five seasons as they try for their eighth consecutive

in Neues 14.03.2019 03:48
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

The Washington Capitals have a chance for their longest home win streak in five seasons as they try for their eighth consecutive victory at the Verizon Center on Tuesday night against the Edmonton Oilers. Wholesale Air Max China . The Oilers (11-26-9) also ended a three-game overall losing streak with their 3-2 shootout victory over Florida on Saturday. Matt Hendricks provided the tying short-handed goal in the third period and Nail Yakupov scored in the extra period. Its always great to get two points before (facing) a pretty good team, Washington, said Yakupov, whose team is 3-12-7 away from home this season. A couple of days of rest and weve got to be ready for the next game. Edmonton won 3-2 in the first matchup with Washington on Oct. 22, scoring the final two goals. The Capitals outshot the Oilers 23-10 in the final two periods, but Ben Scrivens let just one get past him. Washington has won its past two home games against Edmonton and eight of nine. Alex Ovechkin has seven goals and five assists in nine all-time matchups with the Oilers, though he did not record a point Oct. 22. He has nine goals and four assists in his last 10 games overall. Nicklas Backstrom, seeking his 400th career assist, has recorded five assists and one goal in his past three games against Edmonton. Washington (24-13-8) came into the weekend on a 14-1-4 surge, but suffered a 4-3 loss at Nashville on Friday and a 5-4 defeat at Dallas on Saturday. The Capitals had allowed two goals in their previous three games. Braden Holtby posted a 1.89 goals-against average during the 19-game hot streak as part of his run of 21 consecutive starts and franchise-record 27 straight appearances. He started against the Predators before giving way to Justin Peters for his first start since Nov. 29 on Saturday. The Capitals rallied from a 3-0 deficit against the Stars but gave up two goals in a 16-second span in the third period. I like the fact that we stayed with it and gave ourselves the chance to get a point at the end, coach Barry Trotz said. There was a lot of resiliency in the room. It was a back-to-back. A real hard game (Friday) took a lot out of us, but weve got to be a little tighter than we were. Its imperative that we get (Tuesdays game). We have to be hungry. We have to get that game. To me, its almost like a (must-win) game. The Capitals havent dropped three straight since a season-high 0-4-1 skid Oct. 26-Nov. 4 and get the chance to avoid that on home ice, where theyve given up 10 goals in their last seven games. Washington hasnt won eight in a row at home since a team-record 13-game streak Jan. 5-March 6, 2010. It will face a team that snapped a 14-game road skid its last time out. Oilers (31PTS) at Capitals (56PTS) EDM is 1-0-0 vs WSH this season, winning at home WSH has won 2 straight at home vs EDM WSH (24-13-8): lost 2 straight, both on the road, 9GA, both by 1G Ovechkin (3G, 1A) past 2 games EDM (11-26-9): 1-8-6 past 15 road games, 27GF, 4/38 on PP Hall (0G, 1A) past 3GP Discount Air Max Shoes . Sharper briefly appeared in Los Angeles Superior Court, where his arraignment was postponed until Feb. 20 at the request of his lawyers. They issued a statement saying he would be exonerated. Prosecutors then filed a motion to increase Sharpers bail to $10 million and outlined details of investigations involving him in Las Vegas, Tempe, Ariz. Cheap Air Max China . The former Edmonton Oilers defenceman was with the St. Louis Blues in training camp on a professional tryout. Whitney, 30, had four goals and 13 points in 34 games with the Oilers last season. http://www.wholesaleairmax.net/ .com) - There may be a debate in Philadelphia about who should be the starting quarterback of the Eagles.Doha, Qatar (SportsNetwork.com) - Towering Croat Ivo Karlovic stunned world No. 1 star Novak Djokovic amid a sandstorm in Thursdays quarterfinal action at the season-opening $1.22 million Qatar Open. The 6-foot-10 Karlovic, the tallest player in the history of the ATP World Tour, ousted the Wimbledon champion Djokovic in 6-7 (2-7), 7-6 (8-6), 6-4 fashion in 2 hours, 15 minutes on the hardcourts at Khalifa International Tennis Complex. Dr. Ivo swatted 21 aces, including four straight to close out the final game of the match. The Croat recorded the only break of serve in the bout in the seventh game of the final set. Karlovic is now 2-1 lifetime against Djokovic, including a perfect 2-0 on hardcourts. It was unbelievable, Karllovic said during his on-court interview following the match. Cheap Air Max Wholesale. When I arrived here, I didnt expect that one. He wasnt able to show his full range because it was windy. I just focused on my game and in the end I was a little luckier. Karlovic also claimed his second career victory over a world No. 1, with his previous win over a top-ranked player coming at the expense of Roger Federer in Cincinnati in 2008. Also on Thursday, third-seeded Czech slugger Tomas Berdych drilled sixth- seeded Frenchman Richard Gasquet 6-2, 6-1 and fourth-seeded Spanish veteran David Ferrer whipped German Dustin Brown 6-2, 6-2 to set-up a semifinal affair with Karlovic on Friday. Doha serves as a tune-up for the Australian Open. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.