OBERHAUSEN, Germany -- Wladimir Klitschko toyed with Alex Leapai and knocked him out in the fifth round to retain his four heavy

in Off-Topic 07.03.2019 04:29
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

OBERHAUSEN, Germany -- Wladimir Klitschko toyed with Alex Leapai and knocked him out in the fifth round to retain his four heavyweight belts on Saturday. Wholesale Jerseys China . Klitschko, taller with a longer reach, controlled the fight at will, scoring with left jabs and straight rights with hardly any opposition from the Samoan-born Australian. Leapai went down when he was hit with a left-right combination. He got up but Klitschko put him away for good with 58 seconds left in the fifth. "Glory to Ukraine," Klitschko said after his one-sided win. Klitschko recorded his 53rd KO in 62 wins, with three defeats. Leapai dropped to 30-5, with three draws. In his 25th world championship fight, Klitschko retained his WBA and IBF heavyweight belts, plus the minor WBO and IBO versions. Leapai, the first Australian challenger in 106 years, never had a chance. The only time he ever got close to the bigger Ukrainian was just before getting floored in the fifth. He took an eight count in the first round, although he claimed to have slipped. Leapais only chance was to try to get inside, but Klitschko easily stopped him with his effective jab. Leapai appeared to finally hit Klitschko in the fifth but the champion replied with a barrage and put the Australian down. Leapai got up but was clearly shaken, and Klitschko finished him off with a huge right to the jaw. "It wasnt easy, my head was in Ukraine and what is going on there. I hope there is no war and people dying. I am proud of my people," Klitschko said. Klitschkos elder brother, Vitali, who has retired from boxing to run for political office in Kyiv and who has been one of the leading opposition figures in Ukraine, was in Wladimirs corner as usual. Vitalis wife, Natalia, sang the Ukraine national anthem before the fight. "It was textbook fighting by Wladimir. He did not make a mistake," Vitali said. Leapai, a delivery truck driver, said it was time to "go back to the gym." "I tried to take the fight to him and it didnt work. I am all right, I was waiting for my opportunity but he is a champion and a great fighter," Leapai said. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Authentic .5 million, four-year contract with the Texas Rangers that could be worth $32. Stitched NFL Jerseys . Doug Fister allowed two runs over seven innings and Washington hit three solo homers in a 6-2 victory over the Baltimore Orioles on Wednesday night. http://www.authenticnfljerseys.net/ . The third baseman whipped the ball across the diamond to second baseman Aaron Hill. He quickly tossed it to shortstop Chris Owings, who flipped over his shoulder to left fielder Cody Ross.While Wayne Gretzkys interest in returning to the NHL remains strong, he has not talked to the Washington Capitals about the possibility, according to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger. The New York Post reported this week that theres a mutual interest between Gretzky and Capitals owner Ted Leonsis in creating a position for the him on the clubs management team, while CSN Washington speculated that Gretzky could be team president with Rogers Sportsnet analyst and former NHL general manager/head coach Doug MacLean as general manager. Current team president and alternate governor Dick Patrick is working withh Leonsis to find the teams next general manager and head coach after firing George McPhee and Adam Oates on April 26. Cheap Jerseys Paypal. . Former Nashville Predators bench boss Barry Trotz was in Washington on Tuesday to meet with Leonsis and Patrick, according to Dreger. Trotz was relieved of his head coaching duties with the Predators in mid-April, the organization he had been with for 15 seasons. Gretzkys last NHL stint was with the Phoenix Coyotes, where he worked as head coach and director of hockey operations from 2000 to 2009. The Coyotes made the playoffs just once during Gretzkys tenure. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.