Melbourne, Australia (SportsNetwork. [url=http://www.shoesnikecheap.com/]Nike Shoes Cheap Sale[/url] .com) - Serena Williams and

in Willkommen 06.03.2019 04:45
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

Melbourne, Australia (SportsNetwork. Nike Shoes Cheap Sale .com) - Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova will meet in Saturdays womens Australian Open final after both women cruised to straight-set victories on Thursday. Williams, looking to win her sixth Aussie Open title, took out fellow American Madison Keys 7-6 (7-5), 6-2 to reach the final. With the first set all even at 5-5, Williams was on serve when Keys went up 30-15 in the 11th game, but Williams took the next three points before Keys smashed a backhand down the line to knot it up at 40-all. Williams ended up taking the next two points to win the game, then Keys kept the back-and- forth affair going with an ace to force a tiebreak. Williams had set point, up 6-3, in the tiebreak when the 19-year-old Keys fired two aces to close within one, but Williams countered with an ace on her next serve to take the stanza. Williams pressured her opponent from the onset of the second set, taking the first game and breaking Keys in the process. However, Keys maintained composure and went up 40-15 in the next game. But Williams ended up grinding her way back and taking the game. After the two maintained serve over the next two games, Williams broke the unseeded Keys again and eased her way to the finish line. This was the first career meeting between Williams and Keys. The 33-year-old Williams is seeking her 19th Grand Slam singles championship and 65th career title overall. She is a perfect 5-0 in Aussie Open finals. Williams is tied with Chris Evert and Martina Navratilova for the second- most womens Grand Slam titles in the Open Era behind Steffi Grafs 22. I didnt expect to get to the finals of this tournament when I first got here because I wasnt playing great, Williams said after reaching her first Melbourne Park finale since 2010. I didnt play well at Hopman. I was so off. I felt like I wasnt moving well. I just wasnt feeling great on the court. Its been so long since Ive even been in a final here. I was kind of like, oh, let me just try (and) my theory now is to relax and play the match as best as I can. When I step on the court and hear the announcer, I dont have to win anymore. I can just relax and have fun. Meanwhile, Sharapova reached her 10th career Grand Slam final by beating Russian countrymate Ekaterina Makarova in straight sets. The former world No. 1 Sharapova, seeded No. 2 here behind Williams, rolled to a 6-3, 6-2 win over the left-handed 10th seed Makarova in 87 minutes. The former Aussie Open champion double-faulted seven times, but tallied 23 winners, including three aces in the win. Sharapova has won 22 of her last 23 matches against fellow Russians and improved to 6-0 lifetime against Makarova, including 3-0 at the Australian Open following quarterfinals wins in 2012 and 2013. Its been a strange road for me to get to the finals, but Im happy, said Sharapova. Came from behind in a few, really behind in one -- saving match points. I felt like I was given a second chance. I just wanted to take my chances. The 26-year-old Makarova appeared in her second straight Grand Slam semifinal. She lost to Williams at last years U.S. Open. The 27-year-old Sharapova is chasing her sixth career Grand Slam championship and 35th overall WTA title. Shes 5-4 in Grand Slam finals, including 1-2 at the Australian Open. Sharapova titled here in 2008 and lost in Melbourne in 2007, to Serena, and 2012, to Victoria Azarenka. Sharapova has yet to lose in 2015, going 10-0, including a title run in Brisbane a few weeks ago. The powerful Williams is 16-2 lifetime against Sharapova, who has gone winless in their head-to-head series since 2004. The American is 4-1 in their Grand Slam matchups, including 2-0 in Melbourne. Sharapova beat Serena in the 2004 Wimbledon final. Wholesale Nike Shoes China . A broadcast source said the deal is for five years. The agreement calls for a minimum of 17 regular-season games as well as the East and West Division finals being broadcast annually on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNEWS. Nike Shoes Cheap China . -- Manchester United thrilled a record crowd with a brilliant opening goal -- and even Cristiano Ronaldos unexpected entrance proved futile for Real Madrid. http://www.shoesnikecheap.com/ . The Braves optioned outfielder Jose Constanza to Triple-A Gwinnett. As expected, the Braves also called up right-hander Julio Teheran from Gwinnett to start Sundays game and optioned backup catcher J.LAKE LOUISE, Alta. - Left off the Canadian mens ski team this season, Jeffrey Frisch took matters and his ski career into his own hands.The 30-year-old from Mont-Tremblant, Que., who would have competed for Canada at the 2010 Winter Olympics if not for a knee injury, has joined skiers from other countries to form their own professional team.Frisch was sixth in the lone training run for the season-opening World Cup downhill Saturday in Lake Louise, Alta. The men got one training session in Wednesday before training was cancelled both Thursday and Friday.For me, the training is important because you never know what happens, Frisch said Friday. Ive been skiing fast the last little while and had great training this summer. I knew if everything falls into place thats where I belong and thats where I can be.The mountain parks resembled a shaken snow globe as 50 centimetres fell in 48 hours. That significantly adds to the workload of grooming the course for training runs, so two of the three were called off. The skies began clearing Friday afternoon, so the first mens downhill of the 2014-15 is expected to get underway Saturday. A super-G is scheduled for Sunday.Norways Kjetil Jansrud was fastest Wednesday with Manny Osborne-Paradis of North Vancouver, B.C., second and Frisch sixth.Frisch needed to be among the top 30 men in the overall World Cup rankings at the conclusion of the 2013-14 season to retain his place on the national team. Despite his first career top- 20 result in a World Cup in Norway, Frisch missed the cut.In talking with his friend Alexander Koell, an Austrian who races for Sweden, they came up with the idea of forming their own team for the 2014-15 season.We were talking and said why dont we put a few guys together and try to find a main sponsor and try to create a pro team like it works in Formula 1 or in cycling? Frisch recalled. This is something fairly new in the ski sport, fairly new to everybody.I met with the Canadian coaches and said If Im going to work hard this summer and put all my effort and everything into this, will I have the chance to come to Lake Louise and qualify? They said yes.So Frisch, Koell, Josef Ferstl of Germany and Yuki Harata of Japan are racing under the banner of Westberg Ski Team. Westberg is a sport health and nutrition company based out of Innsbruck, Austria.It was good and important for me to have that support, to have some financial support, to have a company that interested, Frisch said.Ive been talking to people and there are so many athletes who get kicked out of the national team or dont make the next step and then have to quit and dont have any opportuniities. Nike Shoes Wholesale Free Shipping. I want to keep skiing until I decide Im done.Larisa Yurkiw of Owen Sound, Ont., pursued a similar strategy last winter when she was left off the Canadian womens ski team, although she was a one-woman show.As Team Larisa, she drummed up her own sponsors to keep racing. Yurkiw met the Olympic qualifying standard and earned her spot on the Canadian team for 2014 Winter Games in Sochi, Russia.Two days before the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver and Whistler, B.C., Frisch was giant slalom training with the Canadian ski team at Nakiska Ski Resort in preparation for the Games.Before the day was over, Frisch was undergoing surgery on an injured anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee. That wiped out his chance of racing in the Olympics.Subsequent knee surgeries has made retaining his position on the national squad a struggle. The mens alpine team is smaller this winter with just 11 athletes racing both speed and technical events. Osborne-Paradis, Jan Hudec and Erik Guay, with several World Cup and world championship medals between them, have locked-down positions on the downhill team.Guay isnt racing in Lake Louise this weekend. The former world downhill champion has delayed the start of his season to recover from a pair of off-season knee surgeries.Ben Thomsen of Invermere, B.C., Dustin Cook of Whistler, B.C., brothers Conrad and Morgan Pridy of Whistler, Calgarys Tyler Werry and Broderick Thompson of Whistler are also vying to race World Cup downhills for Canada.Frisch says self-directing his ski career is time-consuming. He doesnt have national-team coaches or support staff booking travel for him or setting up glacier training camps in the summer.When youre your own and have to finance your own way, you have to really think about OK, does this make sense? Am I flying to Europe right now? Is the weather good? Where am I going to stay? he said.Its like doing two or three jobs at once. You have to do other things so you can even go ski.Frisch and his girlfriend Julie Langevin, a former Canadian ski team racer, have an infant daughter named Loah. Frisch was born in northern Italy, but moved to Canada at 18 to race for his mothers native country.Even though he isnt technically racing under the Maple Leaf this season, Frisch says he still is in his heart.The most important thing is everybody will still ski for their country, he said. We are a team, but your heart is still where your country is. Thats how it should go.Thats how it is with us on our team right now, but obviously its fun to have different languages on the team. Thats pretty interesting. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.