EDMONTON -- Former Hockey Canada top executive Bob Nicholson is joining the Edmonton Oilers to oversee business operations, prom

in Willkommen 27.02.2019 03:21
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

EDMONTON -- Former Hockey Canada top executive Bob Nicholson is joining the Edmonton Oilers to oversee business operations, promising to take a scalpel -- not a bulldozer -- to the struggling NHL franchise. Air Jordan 1 Baratas España . "There are a lot of things that are going very well in this organization. Im not coming in here to rip things apart," Nicholson told reporters Friday. "I know what Hockey Canada was when I started, and I know where this (Oilers) organization is today. "There are huge challenges, but I think there could be something very special in this city." Oilers owner Daryl Katz was not at the news conference, a not unusual occurrence for the reclusive pharmacy magnate. Nicholsons hiring is part of a corporate reorganization for Katzs sports entertainment properties. Under the newly named Oilers Entertainment Group, or OEG, Katz will be chairman while former Oiler Kevin Lowe and Nicholson will be vice-chairmen. Lowe will continue to be in charge of hockey operations while Nicholson will handle the business side -- but both said they expect the other to help out across the board. Patrick LaForge remains in charge of day-to-day business operations as president and chief operating officer. Nicholson spent 16 years as president and chief executive officer of Hockey Canada, officially stepping down May 31. Canadian hockey teams excelled under his watch, winning numerous championships including seven Olympic gold medals. Lowe and Nicholson worked closely on Canadas Olympic teams, and Nicholson said that relationship was a key reason he signed up with the Oilers. "The relationship that I have with Kevin, and the one that Ive really developed with Daryl over the last little bit, had a big part," said Nicholson. "I had a great job with Hockey Canada. I didnt have to rush into anything. I was going to play a little more golf. "But when you get a chance to work with the right people in the right organization, the time was right to join the Oilers." Lowe said Nicholson has already started delivering ideas on the hockey side. "Yesterday Bob sat in on pro scouting meetings and was engaged with the scouts," said Lowe. "Hell be as involved as much as we can get him, and I know that will be a massive addition to this organization. "Hes as passionate about fixing the Oilers as we all are." In addition to the Oilers, OEG owns the 2014 Memorial Cup Champion Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL), the Oklahoma City Barons (AHL) and the Bakersfield Condors (ECHL). Lowe said more franchises are part of the long-term game plan. "Hopefully well acquire more in the future years," he said. "(Im) not predicting anything, but we know that our owner has great vision." The Oilers and the City of Edmonton have also broken ground on a new downtown arena that is slated to open for the start of the 2016-17 season. Nicholson joins a franchise and a fan base desperate for success. The Oilers have missed the playoffs every year since advancing to the Stanley Cup final in 2006. The team has been criticized for sub par scouting and poor player development, failing to rebuild the team despite having three of the last four first-overall draft picks. Other changes are underway. Earlier this week, the team announced Craig Ramsay will join Dallas Eakins coaching staff to handle the defence and power play. Assistant coach Kelly Buchberger will move over to player development. Air Jordan 1 Rebajas . Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone dismissed Tuesdays massive anti-government protest in Manama as "a lot of kids having a go at the police." "I dont think its anything serious at all," Ecclestone was quoted as saying in The Guardian newspaper on Wednesday. Air Jordan 1 Baratas Rebajas . Serbia captain Bogdan Obradovic said his team will include 9th-ranked Janko Tipsarevic and 27th-ranked Viktor Troicki as he decided to let the top-ranked Djokovic rest. http://www.airjordan1baratas.es/ .com) - The red-hot Los Angeles Kings take aim at an eighth straight victory on Monday night as they wrap up a road trip versus the Calgary Flames.Den Bosch, The Netherlands (SportsNetwork.com) - Defending champion Simona Halep decided to retire from her second-round match Wednesday at the Topshelf Open, a final grass-court Wimbledon tune-up. The top-seeded Romanian star won the first set, 7-5, against German Annika Beck and was trailing 2-3 in the second when she called it a week, citing a shoulder injury. Halep, who was fresh off her runner-up finish at the French Open two weeks ago, beat Belgian Kirsten Flipkens in last years finale here at Autotron Rosmalen. Two other seeds exited the draw on Day 4, as Chinese Zheng Jie tackled No. 4 Carla Suarez Navarro, of Spain, 7-5, 0-1, retiired, and Ukrainian Elina Svitolina bounced a No. Air Jordan 1 España Baratas. 6 Flipkens 7-6 (7-4), 6-4. Eighth-seeded Czech Klara Koukalova avoided an upset by handling German qualifier Mona Barthel, 6-2, 7-6 (8-6). Also on Wednesday, Kazakhstans Yaroslava Shvedova edged out Dutch wild card Michaella Krajicek 7-6 (8-6), 7-6 (7-4) and qualifier Coco Vandeweghe overcame fellow American Vania King 6-7 (6-8), 6-0, 2-1, as King retired early in the third. Thursdays quarterfinals will pit seventh-seeded Spaniard Garbine Muguruza against Vandeweghe; Koukalova versus Shvedova; Beck against Slovak Magdalena Rybarikova; and Zheng versus Svitolina. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.