Maybe we need to start calling it "Kassian Karma. [url=http://www.cardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Brett-Cecil-Kids-Jers ey/]Br

in Off-Topic 26.02.2019 03:36
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

Maybe we need to start calling it "Kassian Karma. Brett Cecil Jersey ." Whenever Matt Kassian plays, the Ottawa Senators seem to pick up points and when the winger isnt in the lineup, they have struggled. The Sens forward has dressed for roughly half of the games this season and the contrasting record when he is in and out of the lineup is rather remarkable. They have lost only three times in regulation out of the 24 games that Kassian has been a part of, posting a 13-3-8 record. But when Kassian doesnt play, they have a woeful 8-16-1 record in 25 games. On Monday, I approached Kassian to see if he was aware of the teams outstanding record with him in the lineup. "Yeah I knew," Kassian said immediately. "When you are a guy who goes in and out of the lineup, you pay attention to things like that. You want to be a guy that, when youre in the lineup, the team has success. Its been fortunate for me that so far we have." The simple explanation would be that perhaps the Senators skilled forwards feel like they have a little more room to operate on a night when Kassian is sitting on their bench. Maybe the opposition is a little less inclined to take liberties with Ottawa players if they have to answer to Kassian. But even Kassian agrees that is likely an oversimplification of the situation. "There are probably more factors to it than just that," he said. "You hope its because the team has an identity where theyre going to go out and play and just get things done and maybe give them some confidence. Thats what you hope for." Other Sens players cant necessarily identify the phenomenon, either. "I dont know the real reason for it, other than weve timed our games well and hes played well when hes played," explains captain Jason Spezza. "Hes a guy that when he plays, hes a physical presence out there. He understands his role and hes done a really good job of just keeping things simple when he plays. But its also strange that Ottawas record would be so good with Kassian in the lineup, considering he hardly sees the ice when he plays. He averages 4:23 of ice-time per game – although that number has been slightly north of six minutes per game in the month of January. In a game against the Toronto Maple Leafs in December, Kassian played just 1:05 and followed that up with just 2:20 of ice time in the next game against the Philadelphia Flyers. Remarkably, the Sens picked up three out of a possible four points in those games. "It depends on the night. Some of those nights where I havent played there have been a lot of penalties and special teams – and I dont play on special teams. Instantly, that cuts it down," says Kassian. "And the guys who need to play 5-on-5 are your big guys, so there could be some weird nights like that. Especially at the start of the season when we basically had a parade to the penalty box." It turns out that Kassians limited ice time may actually benefit the other 11 forwards, who often see increased ice time on those nights. While many people like to see their team roll four lines consistently, it appears as though this years edition of the Sens seem to thrive on the nights when they are playing with three-and-a-half lines. "Its better for me. I prefer when I play more, I think I play better," said Spezza. "If you play more when hes in the lineup, that might help everybody a little bit. But he really understands his role and he does a good job. He gets some good shifts early in the game and if they shorten the bench, hes fine with it I think." There is also the matter of the Senators being a perfect 5-0-0 when Kassian drops the gloves and fights this season. "I would expand on that and say look at our teams record as a whole when we fight, whether its me or someone else," said Kassian. "That might just be preparedness and being engaged in the game as a team – not just me as an individual. When were aggressive and ready to play, when were ready to fight – not that you have to – those are the games that were more invested in emotionally." For the record, the Sens are 5-5-1 in games when someone other than Kassian gets into a fight. So once again, the "Kassian Karma" seems to be in effect when it comes to this realm as well. In any event, Kassian cant put his finger on exactly why his team is so much more successful when he plays and when he fights – although he is hoping his rugged style does rub off on his teammates. "You hope its a general identity and an attitude the team has that you help them with when youre in the lineup and thats the reason," said Kassian. The Sens are back in action on Tuesday night when they visit the Washington Capitals, a team theyve enjoyed recent mastery over, having won their last six encounters. You can catch all the action live on TSN at 7pm et/4pm pt. Chris Carpenter Jersey .com) - Brad Stuart has yet to play a regular-season game for the Colorado Avalanche, but that didnt deter the club from signing the veteran defenseman to a two-year contract extension on Monday. Roger Maris Jersey . The Bulls seem to be getting along fine without him. D.J. Augustin scored 27 points in a start for Kirk Hinrich and Taj Gibson matched a career high with 26 filling in for Carlos Boozer as the Bulls improved to 7-2 since trading the popular Deng with a 98-87 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday night. http://www.cardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Keith-Hernandez-Kids-Jersey/ . Assistant coach Glen Gulutzan said Thursday that Edler, who played Tuesday in Nashville, is out indefinitely.ZAGREB, Croatia -- Croatia defender Josip Simunic lost his appeal at sports highest court on Monday, ruling him out of the World Cup for leading fans in a pro-Nazi chant after a playoff win. Announcing the ruling to uphold the 10-match ban, the Court of Arbitration for Sport said it unanimously rejected Simunics arguments and dismissed his appeal against the FIFA sanction. Simunics ban will start when Croatia opens the World Cup against host Brazil in Sao Paulo on June 12. Simunics lawyer, Davor Prtenjaca, slammed the ruling. "This was not the victory of justice, but the power of a big football association. FIFA had its ban based on political, not legal aspects," Prtenjaca said. Simunic invoked a World War II-era slogan used by Croatias then-puppet regime following a playoff victory against Iceland in Zagreb last November that qualified the Croatians for the tournament. After the match, Simunic took a microphone on the field and shouted to supporters: "To the battle, to the battle for the homeland!" The fans responded: "We are ready!" The slogan was used by Croatias Ustasha regime, which sent tens of thousands Jews, Serbs and Gypsies to death camps. "The expression used by Simunic was a clear and unequivocal reference to the call used by the (Ustasas)," CAS said. Stan Musial Jersey. FIFAs disciplinary panel has said Simunics action was discriminatory and offensive. The sanction reflected its commitment to harsher sanctions for racism and discrimination at matches. "FIFA considers that CAS gives a clear and strong support to FIFAs efforts in stamping out racism in football," footballs governing body said in a statement. Simunic, who plays for Dinamo Zagreb, apologized after previously defending his action. After the initial reaction, he said: "Some people have to learn some history. Im not afraid. I did nothing wrong." The 36-year-old Australian-born Simunic, who has played 105 times for Croatia, was a probable selection for his third World Cup. At the 2006 tournament, he was sent off against Australia after being shown three yellow cards by the referee. His current ban is likely to mean the end of his international playing career. Simunic is also barred from stadiums where Croatia will play its next 10 official games. He was fined 30,000 Swiss francs (then $33,800) last December by FIFA. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.