I dont know how much it was visible

in Neues 13.02.2019 04:10
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Sebastien Bourdais captured his first pole of the season on Saturday. Ashley Young England Jersey . But he knows it doesnt mean much, especially with light rain falling on the Honda Indy track. Bourdais, whose only victory in the Toronto race came 10 years ago, had the top qualifying time of 58.94 seconds. "I remember it being the hardest street course Ive ever been on (when) wet," said Bourdais. "Theres so many lines and pavement changes, concrete, man holes and everything. This place is extremely treacherous." Bourdais, who sits 12th in the IndyCar Series standings, finished second and third in the two Toronto races last season, and won the Toronto event in 2004. Saturday was Bourdais 32nd pole of his career, but his first since September 2007. By taking the pole in Toronto, Bourdais became the 10th different pole winner in 13 races during the 2014 season. "Its been (seven) years. Its been a long time coming. Its a great feeling," said the 35-year-old. "I think Ive been the pole here four times and only won the thing once so it says how random these things can be. " Will Power, who is second in the IndyCar Series standings, finished qualifying with the second best time of 59.10, marking Powers fourth front-row start of the season. Series leader Helio Castroneves was third in qualifying with a best lap time of 59.14. Its Castroneves seventh top-five start of 2014. "We qualified third and were kind of upset about it," said Castroneves. "Thats a good thing. Its a great position to start the race. Unfortunately our tires at the end were worse than some of the others and that was the difference. "I feel like we will be very good for the race." Oakville, Ont., native James Hinchcliffe, the lone Canadian in the race, will start in the ninth spot after posting a qualifying lap time of 59.352. Hinchcliffe, who comes to Toronto in 11th place in the IndyCar Series with 294 points, has struggled in his home race finishing eighth and 21st, respectively in last years races. The 27-year-old finished 22nd at the 2012 event in Toronto and posted a 14th place finish during his rookie season in 2011. Ryan Hunter-Reay, the winner of last Saturdays race at Iowa Speedway, finished fourth in qualifying. Hunter-Reay will start in the top five for the fifth time this season and for the first time since the Grand Prix of Indianapolis in May. Simon Pagenaud, who briefly held the best qualifying time, was forced to pit early after a brush with the wall and finished fifth. Scott Dixon, who won both races in Toronto last year, will start 12th after a brush with the wall during qualifying forced him to pit early. Ashley Young Jersey . Stepanek gave the Czech Republic its second straight Davis Cup title Sunday, sweeping past Dusan Lajovic in straight sets in the fifth and decisive match to secure a 3-2 win over Serbia in the final. Harry Maguire England Jersey . Canada will host Japan in a World Group first-round match in 2015. It will be a rematch of their first-round clash last year when Japan defeated Canada 4-1 to reach the World Group quarter-finals for the first time in its history. http://www.englandsoccerpro.com/John-Stones-England-Jersey/ .ca has you covered for whos in, whos out and what to expect from all 30 teams.STOCKHOLM - Elena Radionova led a Russian sweep of the top three in the short program at the European figure skating championships on Thursday, in a performance she said was something of an emotional watershed.I really had fun. It was the first time I really had so much fun with what I was doing, she said.Elizaveta Tuktamysheva trailed by less than 1.5 points, and Anna Pogorilaya was another three points back.All were well ahead of fourth-place Kiira Korpi of Finland.Frances Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron won the ice dancing with a free dance program to a Mozart piano concerto. Last years champions, Anna Cappellini and Luca Lanotte, won silver and Russias Alexandra Stepanova and Ivan Bukin were third.Radionova, the Grand Prix Final silver medallist last month, landed the opening part of her triple lutz-triple toeloop combination uncertainly, but the rest of her program featured light landings and ended with a fast and flexible layback spin to lively, syncopated Spanish dance music.All three Russians completed three triples.Tuktamysheva, the Grand Prix Final champion, did her triple-triple combination as two toeloops, with a lower base value than Radionovas combo, but she added value by doing a double axel with one arm raised toward the rafters.Unlike Radionova, Tuktamysheva said she wasnt quite in the zone psychologically for her skate to Ravels Bolero.Emotionally, I dont know how much it was visible, but I felt like I wasnt as emotional as I could have been. Maybe the music was a little quiet, so I didnt have so much fun, she said. Spectators see if youre just working. Kieran Trippier Jersey. Pogorilaya, however, said she was surprisingly relaxed for her first appearance in the European champs. It was like it all went by in one breath, she said.Radionova had a more sober-sided view: This is my first European championships ... I approach it with a lot of responsibility, she said.Tuktamysheva has been landing a triple axel in practice, but doesnt appear ready to try it in competition during the free skate on Saturday.Its a very difficult jump, technically and emotionally, she said.Papadakis and Cizerons free dance was both precise and romantic, ending as a long rotational lift segued into choreographed spins, the couple going around and around as if dizzied with desire.The gold in Stockholm comes after three Grand Prix wins, a record that Cizeron said has been a big surprise to us. Our goals were a lot less than what we did this season.Cappellini and Lanotte skated to Camille Saint-Saens Danse Macabre, and captured its airs both of comic mischief and elegance. Their straight line lift saw Cappellini jutting off Lanottes leg like a ships figurehead.After a season troubled by uncertainty and program changes, the Italian couples silver is really worth gold, Cappellini said. We really had a period of self-doubt.Stepanova and Bukin, in their first European championships, skated to an extended improvisation of Eleanor Rigby that went from melancholy to jazzy. They benefited from the troubles of compatriots Elena Ilinykh and Ruslan Zhiganshin, who dropped to fourth after placing second in the short dance. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.