OTTAWA – It was late November and Jake Gardiner was trying to figure out what had gone wrong. [url=http://www.supplyairmax.com/w

in Neues 12.02.2019 03:58
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

OTTAWA – It was late November and Jake Gardiner was trying to figure out what had gone wrong. Womens Nike Air Max 1 . The 23-year-old wanted to pinpoint precisely what was keeping him from having success. "I obviously wasnt playing my best and wasnt really aware of what I was doing wrong," he told the Leaf Report ahead of a Saturday tilt with the Senators. So he decided to hit the tape. Gardiner pulled out his iPad and scrutinized video of his performance in the first round against Boston last spring. He watched clip upon clip of his shifts against the Bruins, keen on determining what gave him so much success. His performance then was electric. Gardiner scored a goal and strung together five points during an exhilarating six-game run. "I just wanted to figure out what I was doing differently in the playoffs, as opposed to now, because I wasnt happy with my game," he said of the video work. What Gardiner saw was an engaged defender who made quick decisions with and without the puck. The game seemed to slow down for the former Ducks first-round pick. He was assertive, unpredictable and dangerous on the rush and generally stable in the defensive zone. For the third-year Leaf, who has struggled with consistency this season, it was a helpful reminder of the player he had been not so long ago and the player he certainly had the potential to become once more. "It was nice to see what I was succeeding at then and try to replicate that now," Gardiner said. "Sometimes you get away from it and you dont know what the reason is." Gardiner was a healthy scratch for the first time this season on Nov. 27 in Pittsburgh. During the morning skate that day at Consol Energy Center, he engaged in a lengthy conversation with head coach Randy Carlyle, the former Norris Trophy winner advising on what hed seen and what needed to improve. Carlyle wanted Gardiner to make better decisions with the puck. He stressed that his young defender must move it faster, that he get his forwards involved more often and join the attack if and when the opportunity looked right. Too often, Gardiner gathered from the conversation, was he holding the puck before eventually making a poor decision with it and a turnover often the end result. "I wanted to know what I was doing that they didnt see that they wanted to see," Gardiner said of his conversations with the coaching staff. "I think Ive been more aware of it now; trying to move the puck quick and obviously still stay solid defensively." Gardiner was an offensive force in his rookie season with the Leafs. He scored seven goals and posted 30 points, tops among first-year players at the position. He has yet to score this season, though, and has just seven assists in 28 games. But by skewering the tape and picking the minds of the coaching staff, he finally seems to understand why the offence hasnt been there. "Its almost the fact of just doing less with the puck," he said. "Im able to skate the puck a lot, but that doesnt necessarily mean offence. I dont have many points this year, so I think moving the puck quicker to the forwards and letting them do their work, [then] maybe Ill create more offence that way. Itll create fewer turnovers for me and less time in our zone." Gardiner has not yet rediscovered the performance that made him such an elusive force against the Bruins, but hes inching gradually in that direction. In beating the Stars on Thursday, he led the team with nearly 26 minutes – matching a season-high – and also paced the group in Montreal last weekend. His return to form would help stabilize an increasingly wobbly Toronto back-end. Armed with new (and old) information, Gardiner is doing his best to get there. "I just want to be able to help the team as much as I can," he said, "and those are things that help me as a player and help our team too." Nike Air Max 1 2019 .9 million deal Thursday. The 25-year McGinn had 19 goals and 19 assists in 79 games last season in helping the Avalanche tie a franchise record with 52 wins. Nike Air Max Online . This has become the Raptors mantra as they embark on a new era with a new regime and, in the not-so-distant future, a new image. http://www.supplyairmax.com/wholesale-nike-air-max-1/ . According to the CFL Scouting Bureaus January rankings, four of the top five Canadian prospects line-up on the offensive side of the trenches, which is good news for Bombers general manager Kyle Walters. With only one selection in the first two rounds — Walters sent his second-round pick to Saskatchewan in the days ahead of the 2013 trade deadline — the No.St. Paul, MN (SportsNetwork.com) - Sergei Bobrovsky stopped 25 shots to help the Columbus Blue Jackets to a 3-1 win over the Minnesota Wild on Monday. James Wisniewski had a goal and two assists, while Scott Hartnell added a goal and an assist for the Blue Jackets, who have won their past two. Brandon Dubinsky also scored in the win. It seems like when we stick with it, we get results, said Dubinsky. Weve got to find a way to keep climbing. Zach Parise had the only goal of the game for the Wild, who had a two-game winning streak snapped. Devan Dubnyk allowed all three goals on 23 shots in the loss. Im always a big believer in that you have to put pucks on the net if you want to score, said Minnesota head coach Mike Yeo. Weve got the bodies to create traffic and generate secondary opportunities, and we didnt have much of that tonight. The Blue Jackets took a 2-1 lead 5:35 into the third on the power play as Nick Folignos pass from the right side of the net found Wisniewski iin front and he snapped it in for his fifth of the season. White Nike Air Max 1. Columbus sealed the win with 3:03 to play when Wisniewskis wrister from the right point was tipped in by Hartnell. Bobrovsky made nine saves in the final period to hold on for the win. Columbus drew first blood at 7:57 of the first period as Wisniewski sent a lead pass for Dubinsky, who beat Dubnyk with a wrister for his third goal of the season. Minnesota tied the game on the power play with 1:17 to play in the opening frame as Mikko Koivu sent a hard shot on net from the high slot that Parise tipped in. The Wild had a chance to tie the game in the second when Parise was awarded a penalty shot at 9:02, but his shot was stopped by Bobrovsky and the game was tied going into the third. Game Notes Columbus plays in Winnipeg on Wednesday ... Minnesota plays in Detroit on Tuesday ... Columbus was 1-for-2 on the power play, while Minnesota was 1- for-4. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.